What is Yoni Steaming? Yoni Steaming, also known as Vaginal Steaming, is an age-old natural remedy that has been practiced for centuries by women throughout Africa, Asia, and Central America. It’s purpose is to meditate and recenter while allowing the steam of various herbs to permeate and absorb into the tissues of the vagina.
What are the benefits?
- Cultivates self love and self confidence
- Increases circulation and lubrication of the vagina
- Increases sexual energy and desire
- Removes toxins from your womb
- Stimulates the immune system
- Stabilizes moods
How To Yoni Steam?
- Gather 1/4 cup of herbs (or however much you would like).
- Place the herbs in a reusable teabag (or you can allow them to be free). Boil the herbs in 10 cups of water.
- Pour the water and the teabag (or free flowing herbs) into your yoni seat. (I use the one you can place on your toilet seat).
- Cover the seat with the towel and allow it to cool 15 minutes.
- Wave your hand over the seat to see if it cool enough to sit on. If not, allow it to cool some more.
- Sit on the seat with a towel or blanket rapped around you to prevent steam from escaping. Remain seated as long as you desire. Typically 20-40 minutes.
How often can I do a steam? You can perform a yoni steam up to 3 times a week or 2-3 times per month. Just NEVER do it while on your period. If experiencing menstrual symptoms you can do a yoni steam 2-3 times the week before your menstruation is set to come. If experiencing a chronic infection you can steam up to 3 times a week to help get the best results.
Do NOT perform a yoni steam if...
You are menstruating, pregnant, using an IUD, have open wounds or sores, currently have a UTI or other chronic condition.
Do NOT add essential oils to the water and remove vaginal piercings before performing a yoni steam.
Ingredients: Oregano, basil, rosemary, lemon balm, red clover, black cohosh, lavender, rose petals, motherwort, mugwort, yarrow, raspberry leaf, Calendula.